David Foster Wallace Wiki: Infinite Jest
To become a contributor/editor, Create an account.
This is the newly created Wiki for David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest, published in 1996 by Little Brown. Besides using the page-by-page annotation, you can also read the reviews, or provide insights or observations.
Special thanks to Andrew E. Mathis whose own IJ wiki has been folded into this one. Andrew's content gives the page-by-page annotations a great kickstart. And to Erik Ketzan whose encouragement and prodding was instrumental in getting this all together. Erik runs his own excellent Literary Wiki website.
The new Infinite Jest wiki has arrived!
This wiki is Virgin Territory. Be the first on your block to amaze the world with your perspicacity!
How to Use this Wiki
The Spoiler-Free Annotations by Page allows the reader to look up and contribute allusions and references while reading the book, in a convenient and spoiler-free manner.
Apart from that, it's up to you.
Page by Page Annotations
An alternate form of commentary on the text. The guiding principle of these annotations is to remain spoiler-free, so that readers can follow along without the fear that later parts of the book will be revealed..
Wallace Wiki Help and Contributor Guidelines
We have a few conventions we ask that you follow:
- When creating a new page, first check to make sure a page/article about what you want to write about hasn't already been created, by checking the list of all Wiki pages on the Infinite Jest wiki. If a page already exists, please modify that one.
- To open a discussion on an individual listing of the Alpha Index or Page by Page Annotations, give it a name that identifies the alpha listing (eg [[Discussion Subject|'''DISCUSSION''']]) and notice that the visible name will be "DISCUSSION" in bold and full caps, so it stands out a bit.
- Wikipedia on Infinite Jest
- Wikipedia on David Foster Wallace
- The Howling Fantods - Nick Maniatis' great DFW website
- "Unofficial" DFW website
- Bob Wake's "Reviews, Articles & Miscellany"
- Steve Moore's Notes on "The First Draft Version of Infinite Jest
- Salon.com Interview, by Laura Miller, Mar 8, 1996
- Charlie Rose Interview (Video), Mar 27, 1997
- Dave Eggers' Interview for The Believer, Nov 2008
- "Getting to Know David Foster Wallace" - RollingStone.com - David Lipsky
- "The Lost Years & Last Days of David Foster Wallace - RollingStone.com - David Lipsky, Oct 30, 2008
- New York Times Obituary, Sept 14, 2008
- Download PDFs of all DFW's articles for Harper's Magazine
- Thomas Pynchon Wiki